If you are looking for an eco-friendly alternative to your current means of transportation, you will love getting your hands on an adult electric scooter. While they are great for the environment, electric scooters are also fun and a fast way to zip around town.
Electric scooters are portable and becoming more efficient and convenient than ever before. Whether you are out visiting friends, running errands, or commuting to work, you need the fastest electric scooter to get the job done. You will find that they are also affordable, easy to maintain, and portable so that you can store them at work under your desk or in a closet.
How do you choose the fastest electric scooter for you?
The speed, weight, size, and reliability are just a few things you need to consider when choosing the fastest electric scooter.
Let's explore these factors in the ultimate electric scooter guide!
What affects the top speed of electric scooters?
Some factors can have an affect the speed of an adult electric scooter:
- Weight of the rider: The rider's weight will affect the top speed of the electric scooter. Things that add extra weight while traveling include heavy clothing, backpacks, and equipment.
- The terrain: Riding an electric scooter on an incline can slow you down as well as rough roads. Smooth, straight roads and downhills will allow you to ride at optimum speed.
- Weather: The raincan slow down your top speed because of the layer of water between your tire and the road. Also, you might ride into small puddles, which can slow you down. Wind and fog can also affect your top speed.
- Tires: If you have airless tires, there will be less friction on the road. Air-filled tires depend on the tire pressure. The higher the pressure, the less friction and the faster the speed. Be cautious because if the pressure is too high, it can lead to punctures in the tires.
- Motor power: The maximum power of the motor, which gets measured in watts.
While many factors influence the electric scooter's maximum speed, whether environmental or the scooter itself, be sure to find out the specs before your purchase; for example, the Varla has a Dual Hub Motor, 1000W x 2! Another advantage of the Varla is the tires. It is heavy-duty and durable, so you can ride on any terrain and still have a fast ride.
How fast can electric scooters go?
The speed of an electric scooter will depend on the size, brand, and model. Each state has different laws on electric scooter speeds, but typically, it is around 15 mph. These speed limits are why some electric scooters get built to be compliant with all legal requirements.
More experienced riders want to go fast and want a scooter that will satisfy their speed needs. Superfast scooters can go up to 50 mph. When choosing the fastest electric scooter that is best for you, ensure that the motor, tires, and durability can handle top speeds.
The Varla electric scooter lets you ride 40+ mph. ! The Varla is one of the fastest folding electric scooters and has a robust motor for added power and tires equipped for speed - you know nothing will hold you back!
How fast can an electric scooter be fully charged?
Charging an e-scooter is simple and easy to do, and for you to ride at optimum speed, you need to know how to charge it and what you can do to improve its performance. When riding your adult electric scooter as fast as it can go often, you may need to charge it more often.
Typically, the charging time for an electric scooter is around 6-8 hours. With dual charging capabilities, you can fully charge a Varla electric scooter in 4 hours!
To ensure maximum speed:
- Use the original manufacturers' charger
- If your e-scooter got wet, make sure it is dry before charging
- Turn off the e-scooter while charging
- Wait till the e-scooter has cooled down before charging
Are electric scooters faster than electric bikes?
For the most part, electric bikes are faster than e-scooters when you take wheel size and motor into consideration. With a 1,000 watt motor, an e-bike can reach up to 80 mph, but there are some significant advantages to getting an e-scooter over an e-bike:
- E-bikes require that you pedal to get the motor going, so if you don't like to pedal, an e-bike might not be for you.
- Electric scooters are better for your posture and are comfortable to stand and ride.
- There is not always space for an e-bike. When you have the fastest folding electrical scooter, you can store it anywhere.
- E-bikes are significantly more expensive than e-scooters.
Are electric scooters safe?
While many of you are thrill-seekers and in pursuit of speed, but one thing we should always be mindful of is safety to protect ourselves from injury. Being safe on your electric scooter depends on the drivers' awareness, mudguards on the rear wheel, and the kind of brakes getting used.
The Varla electric scooter has a high-quality dual hydraulic brake and an anti-lock braking system (ABS). ABS prevents the wheels from locking to maintain traction with the road. The hydraulic brakes are sensitive, and you only need to brake slightly for the scooter to stop.
The rubber tires provide the rider with a better grip on the road or off-road terrain, and a finger throttle is safer than using a thumb throttle as it is more labor-saving. All these features make for a safe and efficient means of travel – especially those seeking high speed!
If you want an electric scooter or the fastest off-road electric scooter, there are many things to consider. From a sleek design and eco-friendly transportation to trouble-free riding – electric scooters are the way to go.
When buying the fastest electric scooter around, you want to understand all the factors that can affect the speed of the e-scooter, the best way to charge them, and all the features that will ensure you have a safe ride when traveling!