How To Clean Your Electric Scooter ?
Nowadays, there is a trend of commuting or venturing out by electric scooters. In daily use, people will usually encounter such conditions as dirty. They are not only confused about whether can clean electric scooters by using water, but also worry about that destroy parts accidentally. If you are worried about how to clean your electric scooter, we’ll show you the tips according to our experience as below.
4 Things you need to avoid before clean
- Clean just after a long-distance riding
After a journey, the temperature of the electric motor is high. So it’s not wise to clean the scooter immediately. After 1-2 hours, the motor temperature would drop to normal, then you could begin the clean.
- Wash with a high-pressure water gun
As you know, people usually wash cars with a high-pressure water gun, you may also want to use it to wash your electric scooters. For this, I would like to say, don’t do that! It will cause great harm to your scooter.
The side cover of some electric scooters is not well sealed. When the water is sprayed from the high-pressure water gun, it will enter the electric parts from the gap in the side cover. For example, it’s said that the display screen of the electric scooter is sealed, even if high-pressure water cannot enter, but actually water vapor can still enter. That’s also why we don’t suggest to ride the scooter during heavy rain.
- Expose under the sun after washing
If you wash the scooter and expose it to the sun, it is easy for water vapor to enter the body. As the temperature rises, water will turn into steam, which can easily enter electronic devices.
It will shorten battery life and other electronic components may also be damaged.
It is best to put it in a cool and ventilated place and let it dry by the constant flow air.
- Dry with a hairdryer
Some people hope that the electric scooter can dry faster, and will use some methods, such as drying with a hairdryer. But we have to say, let it alone. The hairdryer will make things worse. It’ll let water enter electronic circuits from tiny gaps. So don't do this. Be patient.
Cleaning electric scooters requires certain skills. If clean in the wrong way, it will cause irreversible damage to the scooter. How to properly clean your electric scooter? Learn now!
What should you prepare for:
- Clean water and soapy water
- 2 buckets (1 for clean water, the other for soapy water)
- A Cleaning brush and an old toothbrush
- A few disposable rags
The basic steps
- Make sure that all parts are in good condition and the power is off.
- Park the scooter on flat and spacious ground to prepare for cleaning.
Firstly, clean the main external metal components
- Dip a rag in soapy water, squeeze out as much water as possible, then scrub the parts.
- Brush the corners with an old toothbrush, such as the inside of the shock absorption, brake and calipers.
- Wet a rag with clean water to wash away the soap bubbles from the electric scooter
Secondly, clean the electrical area
- Slightly moisten the rag, and wipe the battery area and display screen.
- No need to use soapy water.
Thirdly, wash the wheels
- Please use clean water. If you use soapy water, clean the tires carefully. Use a brush to carefully clean the tires to remove the detergent. In order to prevent the tires from slipping and driving safely.
- After washing, you should dry the metal parts with a dry rag, especially the screws, to prevent rust. Although some scooter, such as Varla scooter is made of aluminum alloy and basically does not rust, we still highly recommend drying the body to keep it in good condition.
- Place the scooter in a cool and ventilated place to dry, and do not expose it under the sun.
The above are the 3 basic steps to clean the scooter, does it sound very simple?
Just pay attention to avoiding those 4 things, and keep patience and be careful, you’ll clean the scooter well. Next, try to clean up by yourself!
How often should you clean it?
Everything is the same, proper maintenance and regular cleaning can keep the performance of your electric scooter and greatly prolong its service life. Generally speaking, it is great to clean the electric scooter every two weeks. If you think it’s too often to you, clean it at least once per month to keep the scooter tidy.
At the same time, don't forget to check whether all parts of the scooter are in good condition. If your scooter is more than $1,000, don't ignore this thing. This is not a difficult task, but an opportunity to learn about your riding partner. Know your scooter to travel more tacitly.
Now, are you still worry about how to clean scooter? Is it quite easy?
It only takes a little time of your weekend to let your electric scooter accompany you for a longer time, which is very worthy.
Let’s try it and tell us your feeling!