If you are out shopping for a foldable electric scooter for adults, then you have come to the right place! You can commute in style, miss traffic jams, and explore your neighborhood with an awesome electric scooter. There is no better time than now to buy an electric scooter! There are various reasons you need an electric scooter, and one of our favorites is the shortened commute. Why walk the mile when you can have the crisp morning air on your skin as you zoom through traffic. You even have time to stop for your morning coffee and bagel by cutting commute time. Why take a cab or the bus when you can ride? Finding the best electric scooter for adults isn’t hard when you know what you are looking for. However, there are different brands and features with various budgets to consider. So, how do you know you are getting a heavy-duty, long-range scooter for your commute? Let’s discover what the best electric scooter for adults is and where you can buy one!
Create a ChecklistYou need to have a checklist ready on all the things to consider before you swipe your card before running out and buying the first electric scooter you can find on your Google search.
- Budget: The first thing you should have is the budget. Knowing what you want to spend will help you in your search.
- Laws: What is the top driving speed in your neighborhood? Are you allowed to ride an electric scooter during your commute?
- Weight: If you weigh 200 lbs, your electric scooter’s payload can be the dealbreaker. Consider your weight with a backpack and heavy clothing, so you have the option to ride with your belongings without worrying about the added weight on your e-scooter.
- Range: Know how far you plan to ride each day and choose an e-scooter that can get you where you need to go without running low on battery.
- Suspension: The quality of the suspension will greatly affect your riding experience.
- Portability: Folding electric scooters are convenient because you can carry them when you can’t ride them, such as when you hop on a bus or train. The weight and its ability to fold is a deciding factor.
Varla Pegasus – The Best Electric Scooter for AdultsNow that you have your checklist in hand, you can compare it to the Varla Pegasus electric scooter. It has everything you need for a long-range, heavy-duty scooter and will become your new favorite mode of transportation. The Pegasus has a beautiful sleek design and ready to be your new commuter scooter! Let’s take a look at the specs:
- Motor: Your Pegasus is equipped with 2 x 500-watt motors to give you the power and range to manage your commute efficiently.
- Suspension: With dual spring suspensions, your scooter will absorb all the bumps on the road for a smoother and more enjoyable riding experience.
- Tires: Reliable 3.5 inch puncture-proof solid tires for leisure riding and commuting.
- Range: You get 28 miles of smooth riding. Get where you need to be with a long-range.
- Payload capacity: The Pegasus is perfect for heavy adults, and riders who weigh under 280 lbs will enjoy this commuter scooter.
- Brakes: There are dual disc brakes for optimum safety.
- Battery: 48V/15.6Ah lithium-ion battery for a long-range and fast charge.
More Pegasus FeaturesYour commuting electric scooter must come with excellent lighting to keep you safe while riding at night. All road users must be able to see you at night with ease. The Pegasus has a headlight and taillight to ensure everyone can see you no matter the time of day. The easy-to-read LED screen displays all the essentials. Your battery power, speed, and range will keep you informed while riding. Never worry about how much battery life you have left with a smart LED screen. Don’t forget about the integrated kickstand!
Pegasus AccessoriesWhat is having the best electric scooter for adults if you don’t have nifty new accessories to go along with it. Let’s start with safety gear! A must for all electric scooter riders. There are knee and elbow pads and gloves to protect your skin in the event of a fall. The Varla accessories store also has the following:
- Electric scooter seat for those long commutes
- A foldable lock to ensure it never gets stolen
- Grab a handlebar bag for your Pegasus for small items such as your keys and phone
- USB rechargeable front light for added protection for night riding
- Pick up an extra Pegasus charger so you can get fully charged within 4 hours